SLPS Version 3.1.1921.86
To avail of the featues and fixes in this release it will be necessary to update your permutation and download the updated permutation and corresponding Code Protector.
This release contains:
SLP Online and Runtime
- Machine Locking Enhancement - It is now possible to elect to lock a given Activation Key to a given machine, such that subsequent attempts to use this activation key on a machine other than the one on which the Activation was first activated will fail. With this setting, an ISV can allow multiple activations, confident that these can only be used on a single machine. Please see the following FAQ for further details: FAQ140.
This following enhanements require the 3.1.1921.86 and later versions of the Runtime.
- Non-Commercial Licenses - It is now possible to install non-commercial license on top of commercial licenses for the same product (in previous versions this was not possible). As a result ISVs will be able to let customers temporarily evaluate additional features of product, not contained in their currently installed commercial license e.g. in an effort to promote upselling to more feature rich editions.
- Improved Logging - Runtime logging to slp.log file will now also be emitted to System.Diagnostics.Trace so that it can be captured by an appropriate listener. This holds for standard Runtime, SaaS SDK and Distributor logging.
- Installation Changes - It is now possible to install Distributor as a network service on non English versions of the Windows operating systems. As a result of this change to using the SID of the Network Service (rather tehan the name string), Windows XP is no longer supported as a platform for the Distributor service (Distributor clients will continue to run on all Windows OS editions supporting .NET 3.5 as before, i.e., back as far as Windows XP).
- Usage display - this has been improved to make it easier to identify what resources are being currently consumed by connected client machines and what resources remain unallocated.
The following issues have been resolved in this release
- In Code Protector it is once again possible to protect Multiple Assemblies via a single SLMCfg file.
- In the Online portal account, Administrators can again change/reset user passwords including their own